AuthorMessage
Lexi.D
Angel In The Dark
Angel In The Dark
Lexi.D

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Children Of Bodom Empty
PostSubject: Children Of Bodom   Children Of Bodom I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:15 am

I love Finnish Metal, but I have such a Love for Children Of Bodom.
I love how heavy their music can get, how melodic it can be. You can hear the classical influences in the music and Alexi Laiho's hellish vocals seperate him from most screaming vocalists: you can hear notes in some of his vocals, and I believe that he should be screaming those lyrics out rather than singing them... its all well suited.
As for further musical talent, Roope and Alexi both shred awesomely on guitar, taking influences from musicians like Yngwie Malmsteen and Steve Vai and so on... the keys are fantastic and compliment the music so well, and drums and bass work together excellently to carry off that rythm and aggression...

They named thier band after a very famous (and still unsolved) murder case involving the murder of three young persons whilst they were camping at Lake Bodom in Finland (a very long time ago). Today, it remains unsolved. There were two males, two females. During the middle of the night an attack occured and both girls and one boy were stabbed to death. The survivor, known as Nils was found unconscious with superficial stab wounds. The police have questioned Nils believing it was him and his motive was jealousy. He has been for various lie detector tests, hypnotherapy and so on, but cannot recollect anything.
It struck the investigators as odd as to why he had escaped with such minor injuries whilst his friends were stabbed to death... as mentioned ealier, his wounds were superficial, not deep and lifethreatening, so they believed if he did commit the attack, he had personally harmed himself to look like he too had been a victim. Since he was found unconscious, they also believed that maybe he had knocked himself out on purpose, and that is also the reason why for his loss of memory of the event. There have been various suspects, but Nils remains the biggest one of them all, even though it is virtually impossible to prove it.

This is where Bodom get their name.

Their best album, according to me is Hatecrew Deathroll... although most of their work is pretty good, and I do like the recent album Blooddrunk. Hatebreeder is also another good one, but hell I like them all.
Bodom are also famous for their covers, one of which is Britney Spears' Oops I did it again (fuckin faggot) lol... and a more serious one, Aces High by Iron Maiden, of which the track was included on a Spinefarm Compilation CD, which Finnish bands signed to the label did covers and put the tracks forward (Nightwish were included on the compilation album using Over the Hill and Far Away).

I would put more facts about Bodom, but check them out on www.myspace.com/childrenofbodom
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
HBIC
HBIC
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 779
Humor : dry, dark and sarcastic
Actual Name: : Kayleigh
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Children Of Bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children Of Bodom   Children Of Bodom I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:18 pm

ALEXI!!!!!!!

God! I love Bodom, nothing like bad ass riffs and an epic growler/singer to make me smile. Very Happy I like Are You Dead Yet and Hatebreeder best. But I really like Blooddrunk! I do NOT understand why everone hates it! I think it's just COB. It's not really like a gap of change its just... metal.

Even through the darkest days
This fire burns - always
Back to top Go down
https://femmesfatalesfm.forumotion.com

Children Of Bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children Of Bodom   Children Of Bodom I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:51 am

I like them very much.
Back to top Go down
And2DieIsEasy
Angel In The Dark
Angel In The Dark
And2DieIsEasy

Female
Number of posts : 65
Humor : XXX
Actual Name: : Maurice
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Children Of Bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children Of Bodom   Children Of Bodom I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Wicked awesome band!! My friend Evy got me started on this band. Before the cd was even released into stores or ready for download he got me Blooddrunk so I was one of the first to have the cd. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sireniaforum.forummotions.com/
Sponsored content

Children Of Bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children Of Bodom   Children Of Bodom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children Of Bodom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Femmes Fatales :: The Music Box :: Metal & Rock-
Jump to: