Femmes Fatales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shrine of Femme Metal

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whyzdom

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
whyzdom
Angel In The Dark
Angel In The Dark
whyzdom

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Whyzdom Empty
PostSubject: Whyzdom   Whyzdom I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:44 am

Hi !

Vynce here !

Here is a short introduction to this female fronted Symphonic metal band, which makes use of a lot of orchestra and classical choir...

Whyzdom Whyzdompage1

Line-up :
Telya Melane : Lead Vocals
Vynce Leff : guitar, orchestration
Regis Morin : guitar
Nico Chaumeaux : drums
Tristan Demurger : bass
Marc Ruhlmann : keyboards

The Whyzdom project started in early 2007. Vynce Leff, who is best known in the progressive area for producing several albums signed on the British label Cyclops Records (bands: SAENS, SENSITIVE TO LIGHT), decided to start a new metal band with symphonic elements. After auditioning many singers to fit the particular sound of the first compositions, he met Telya, a young singer/actress fond of metal and symphonic music as well as theater. Finding the rest of the band happened very quickly as Vynce has many contacts in the music industry: Regis Morin (Guitar) and Tristan Demurger (Bass) joined WHYZDOM in February, followed by Nico Chaumeaux (a talented drumming teacher) and Marc Ruhlmann (Keyboards).

They released the EP : "Daughter Of The Night" in April 2009, which got excellent reviews.

The band was quickly signed by ASCENDANCE RECORDS (UK). The debut album will normally be released early 2009 !

Here is a fantastic review we got on Sonic Cathedral ...

Quote :

Let me come clean and state up front that there is no music currently out there that I like more than this short EP. Daughter of the Night is not even a full production effort and it is still number one on my I-Pod, all three I-Pods, for that matter. In fact, since September of 05, when Tarja left Nightwish, I can’t think of anything that has caught my attention like this band, and they haven’t even released a full-length production CD yet. The review here is of a 4 set collection being released as an EP.
There’s not a lot of history to Whyzdom, I can’t even find a listing of the lyrics. . . .although I pretty much have them memorized at this point. You’ve got it all here folks, great bombastic orchestration, masterful choirs, a lovely female vox, some great male grunting in appropriate locations, outstanding musicians and absolutely first rate production. I can’t imagine how you top this one, although the band and label seem confident enough to have requested keeping The Train off the latest Sonic Cathedral production, A World of Sirens, until they can get it into a more complete production basis. Heck, it’s been my favorite song now for months, how do you make it better?

The band is a five member group, Telya Melane – Vocals, Vynce Leff - Guitar, Orchestration, Regis Morin – Guitar, Nico Chaumeaux – Drums and Tristan Demuiger – Bass. According to the label, the band is hard at work expanding this title to a full 11 set CD that should be available next year. It will be a long one, Whyzdom doesn’t do short, catchy pop songs, these titles are fully developed productions, often with multiple components.

In terms of history, Whyzdom seems to have evolved out of an effort by Vynce Leff, a well known European progressive musician, to move in some new directions in early 2007. His interest was in the direction of symphonic metal and he started by looking for a singer. After numerous tryouts, he went with Telya, a young actress/singer whose voice, look and presentation matched perfectly with Leff’s vision for the project. The remaining musicians were quickly inked and the group began penning material. That, of course, was an undertaking of some significance and time consumption. There’s a lot of music here with the orchestration and choirs, and that takes a lot of writing time. . . followed by a lot of production time. And that’s probably why we have a 4 set EP to begin with. Some reports state that the initial release was to include 7 songs. With a lesser number, the label, and the band, can provide an up front peek and do some evaluation of the sound. It’s what they call an "iterative" effort in the software business. That would make this Daughter 1.0.

It’s hard to actually choose a "best" from the 4 songs presented here. The Train gets the most airtime on the Sonic Cathedral radio station, and for good reason, it’s a monster. However, there are certainly those who would choose others. The first song, The Witness, begins with choirs and then moves to the vocals of singer Telya and the metal background. But, it doesn’t stay anywhere long, there are periods of orchestration, periods of choral work and lots of straight up metal with Telya’s soaring vocals. This girl can sing. The follow-up, Daughter of the Night carries on in the same vein, but with a stronger vocal component from Telya. And, just when you think it can’t get any better, you get the Train. You’ve probably heard that one, and I can’t hear it enough. That choir at the end is something you don’t forget too soon. The final cut, On the Wings of Time, is a slower composition, but equally strong. Heck, it even starts out with bagpipes, how cool is that. For those who favor the ballad, this is the one. Telya looses nothing in a song like this, some may find it even preferable to the harder stuff, although head bangers like me would beg to differ. Oh, by the way, it closes with bagpipes too. And I do love bagpipes.

The excellence doesn’t stop with the musical composition, strong as that is. Visuals are excellent, the website is as good as it gets. Someone is putting money into this project and using some serious talent. And it shows from top to bottom.

Get use to this name, Whyzdom will be around for a while, and, if they build on the promise from his EP, we have a lot to look forward to.

I score this EP off the charts, 11 out of 10? ...Yes it is rare but possible...

To discover Whyzdom music : http://www.myspace.com/whyzdomproject or http://www.whyzdom.com

Hope to hear from you soon !
Back to top Go down
whyzdom
Angel In The Dark
Angel In The Dark
whyzdom

Whyzdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whyzdom   Whyzdom I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:55 am

Hi ! The Metal Female Voices Fest Warm Up is very near now !!! Tomorrow ! Maybe we'll meet some of you there ...

Cheers !
Back to top Go down
AliyahDuilliath
Graphic Artist
Graphic Artist
AliyahDuilliath

Female
Number of posts : 212
Humor : Whatever works! Crude, sarcastic, honest...
Actual Name: : Aliyah
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Whyzdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whyzdom   Whyzdom I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:43 pm

I would, but I am nowhere near belgium!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/duilliathofficial
whyzdom
Angel In The Dark
Angel In The Dark
whyzdom

Whyzdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whyzdom   Whyzdom I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:54 am

Too bad Sad . We have some photos from the show on our Myspace, and I am preparing a small video too...

Vynce / Whyzdom
http://www.myspace.com/whyzdomproject
Back to top Go down
whyzdom
Angel In The Dark
Angel In The Dark
whyzdom

Whyzdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whyzdom   Whyzdom I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:51 am

OK, so... this was an amazing fest ! Really ! All the bands were great, and seeing Haggard live is a great experience !

Moreover, the winner of the Warm Up contest is... well, WHYZDOM !!!!

We are so happy ! This is a fantastic opportunity to play our music on a great stage next year !!!!

Cheers !

Vynce / Whyzdom
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
HBIC
HBIC
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 779
Humor : dry, dark and sarcastic
Actual Name: : Kayleigh
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Whyzdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whyzdom   Whyzdom I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:00 pm

That's great! Very Happy I wish I could have been there, but I don't like flying very much. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://femmesfatalesfm.forumotion.com
whyzdom
Angel In The Dark
Angel In The Dark
whyzdom

Whyzdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whyzdom   Whyzdom I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:28 am

Oh, for those who could not be there, here is a small video Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2gjsfGNMeE

Don't hesitate to leave a comment on Youtube !

Cheers !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whyzdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whyzdom   Whyzdom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whyzdom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Femmes Fatales :: Femme Fronted Metal :: Femme Fronted Metal-
Jump to: